Type Tasting will be running more of their Dalston Type Safaris this summer between May and August. There will be different signs to spot, a new letter hunt challenge and the opportunity to learn about the unique typographic history of this area of London.
Dalston in East London is a vibrant area in which bars and shops are constantly popping up and the signage is ever changing.
The signs along Kingsland Road reveal layers of history dating back to when it was a London outpost in the 1800s with it’s own grand department store, pie & eel shops and a factory that sold paints to JMW Turner.
• Spend time with like-minded people spotting signs.
• As an introduction to fonts for a novice, or a typographic indulgence for a graphic designer.
• Explore the city in a unique and revealing way.
• Hear about London history and the transformation of an area.
• Find out about great places to eat and drink in Dalston.
• Above all for fun. I want everybody to walk away smiling because typography is fun and exciting.
See their website for details of dates and availability.